Monday, October 26, 2015

Jsme těhotná is Czech for WE ARE PREGNANT!!



Let me back track a bit. I usually spot before my period and on Thursday I had a little spotting so I thought that I was out for this cycle but then it went away. Friday, riding the public transport felt like bring your worst smells with you day. Saturday, I woke up at 7am and took the pregnancy test and I didn't see a line right away - already feeling defeated because of the spotting, my heart sank. After I finished in the bathroom, I looked again and there was a faint line. WHAT!? Jason was still sleeping so I crawled back upstairs and said I need you to look at this because I think there is a line. He was groggy but I turned the lights on anyway and he said the line isn't as dark as the other one and that I should wait until tomorrow to test again. PSHA!! I ran downstairs and took the other pregnancy test and it was immediately positive!! I showed Jason and he agreed that it was definitely positive. And then I cried. Like sobbed. And Jason asked if they were happy tears (because although he didn't say it, I was ugly crying.) Once the tears ran out, I was in shock. This was the moment we have been waiting for but I wasn't quite sure I could believe it. We called the doctors office and went in for a blood test at 10am - it was Saturday but the nurse said that she would rush it so we could find out later that day. At 3pm she called and said the blood test is positive (I'M PREGNANT!!) and my hCG was at 107 (which is good because it was only 8 days after the transfer of our 2, 5-day old frosties) 

Now in a normal pregnancy, that would be it until your first ultrasound at around 10 weeks or so but with IVF they usually check your beta (hCG) a few times to me make sure your numbers are doubling properly. So within 48-72hrs the beta should at least double. This morning (48hrs after the first blood test) we went in and had my blood drawn again. The nurse called us an hour ago and said my hCG was at 462!! What a relief!! I am not sure that I'm going to feel safe for awhile - usually people wait to announce pregnancies after they are past 12 weeks due to miscarriage rates being higher before then but as we have been blogging, we can't and don't want to keep this a secret. WE ARE REALLY PREGNANT!! I really am in shock still. I keep announcing to Jason every so often that I am pregnant. And he has decided to start calling me "baby mama" - it is so silly but I don't care. So far, other than most things smelling bad, the other symptoms I have are sore boobs (ouch!!), feeling queasy, and one bout of vertigo and general dizziness. The vertigo happened on Sunday morning and I thought Jason was lifting the mattress and dumping me out of bed like a dump truck would do. I woke him up because I was yelling whoa! whoa!! Glad I haven't had that again!! But I'll take the slew of crazy pregnancy symptoms because it just confirms the pregnancy!!

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for your support through this whole process. It has been a long road and while it has been hard sharing all of our struggles, I am happy to share some joy. We will keep posting updates as we will go in for an ultrasound in a few weeks to find out how many babies are in there! We'll be thrilled with one, two or three!! Estimated due date: July 3, 2016.

So much love - katherine

11 comments:

  1. So HAAAPPPYYY for you!! The office is excited for you as well. Oh my....I can't wait to hear all about your pregancy and see that little face! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I get a grand baby! Maybe I need to move to CO - between you and Harris I could be in grandbaby heaven! Oh and I am happy for you and Jason not just me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm thinking at least a vacation home in Colorado might be a good idea! ;-)

      Delete
  4. yay! yay! yay! yay!

    I have been checking every day (stalker) and each time your page loaded I was like, "Please, please, please be knocked up!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Thank you so much for checking in on me and sending your well wishes!!!

      Delete
  5. Getting a little teary over here. =) =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!' Oh yeah! This is so fantastic!!! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears of joy and happiness for you two. Wow. It was a long hard time coming! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete