Thursday, August 4, 2016

15 Weeks!!

15 Weeks!


"Your baby’s ears have migrated to the side of their head for many, many years of ignoring you down the road. The little weeble is also working on the pipes for a respiratory system and it moves away from light if you beam a flashlight on your belly (I like to think it makes a hissing noise while doing it).


You have probably packed on few pounds by now. Good. You’re supposed to." - Pregnant Chicken










Size/Info: The babe is about 4"-4.5"long, weights between 2-3 oz and is roughly the size of a navel orange, apple, hass avacado, pear, éclair or a multi-tool. Our little girl's skeleton is starting ossify - meaning that if an x-ray were to be taken we could see her bones. Her ears are now in the right spot and her eyes in the process of migrating to the right place. She has also started to fill and empty her bladder - about every 30 minutes. Me too baby.




What is new this week? Had my first appointment with Janet. Love her. She showed me how far up my uterus has migrated... about 2 inches below my belly button! So the bump is at least part uterus! According to this picture, mine should be a tad lower but we were measuring ahead last time...




She also checked my cervix as I have had some shooting pains and she said it was high, long and closed - which is great news! I also finally did my 1 hour glucose test and I failed it. Ugh. The drink made me feel yucky but I had to go back for the 3 hour test. They checked my fasting glucose and then I drank the more concentrated drink (yuck) and then came back for a blood draw after 1, 2 and 3 hours. I ended up getting poked 5 times because the one fellow missed (ouch!). Fortunately, I passed. Whew! I didn't want gestational diabetes this early. I will have to get checked again at 22-26 weeks. Janet also tested my progesterone as I came off the medication and I was worried that the placenta might not fully support the pregnancy but that was also perfectly normal at 44 (I am not sure of the units...). I guess it is time for me to stop worrying although I am not sure that will ever happen... I occasionally feel flutters but I am still not sure if it is just gas (because I have a lot of that) or if it is the babe.

Day float on the river. Scout Lane boat hopped and floated with us for a while. Such fun!



Symptoms: Same old thing. Acid reflux hit me hard today and still with the pooping issues. I pee so much at night - the other morning, I was excited to tell Jason that I only peed twice which means that I got a good night of sleep!

Food aversions: Same -tomato sauce and shrimp.

Food cravings: I want desserts. I am trying to reign myself in because I have gained the max I should have up until this point. But maybe it is all poop. Seriously.

Fitness: Walking, hiking and swimming. I had some cramps this week (which are normal) but I asked Janet about working out when I am feeling them and she said to take it easy. She said that we worked so hard to get here that gaining a little extra weight isn't a big deal.

Blump/Bump: I am pretty sure my uterus is pushing my intestines and belly fat into a nice roll in my mid section. Oh well. The looks have started... like have you had to many donuts or is there a baby in there? The answer is BOTH!!



Medications:
7:30am: 10mg prednisone, 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly
9am: 1 Prenatal and 2 DHA.
7:30pm: 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly


Baby Preparations: We have an appointment to meet the doula today and to find out about her style and about Hypnobabies. The crib has been ordered!! Yay! We also have all of our personal stuff out of the nursery... the couch still needs to go but we'll get there. I have also started adding things to my amazon registry - it is private for now but is mostly to keep track of all the different things I find. Like why are there so many different types of cloth diapers?!  I look forward to taking a class at Colorado Baby to learn about it all. In general, there is SO much baby stuff out there! I also received so many amazing maternity clothes from my awesome sister-in-law. I am so grateful and set for work this fall. That falls under baby preparations, right - as I need to make room for her to grow!

9 comments:

  1. I get so excited to read your weekly posts!! Your bump is adorable! 👶🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you?!
    Eat what you want. It's the only time in your life you get to without feeling guilty. When I was pregnant, mozzarella sticks from Sonic were sometimes the only thing my body thought I needed. Was I supposed to deny it? Nah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm... mozzarella sticks sound yummy!! Thanks Rachel <3

      Delete
  3. Love the updates!!! Glad you are doing so well. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading these updates and am so super happy for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete