Thursday, August 18, 2016

17 weeks!


"Way to pork up, kid! No, not you, your baby, well, if you’re like me, then you too (high five). Your baby is about 5 inches long (from head to rump – I have no idea why they don’t count legs. Legs count in my book but whatev) and weighs about 5oz. So it’s the length and weight of an iPhone. Your awesome little minion is also starting to suck and swallow (punch anyone in the face that says something pervy about that) and is moving joints in preparation for doing the running man at weddings. Yes!

You are probably showing now.

If you are like me you laughed at that because you started showing when the pee stick showed two lines, or you wondered what the hell I am talking about because you’re wearing the same pants you did a year ago. Both are normal so don’t panic and ignore anyone that comments on your size. I have no idea why people feel compelled to point out a woman’s weight gain (or lack there of) while they are gestating a person when, at any other point in her life it would be considered rude. Keep in mind that very few of these people have much reference for how big you should or shouldn’t be so try to chalk it up to making conversation and go about your business." -
Pregnant Chicken

17 Weeks!!!



Size/Info: The babe is about 5" long, weights 5 oz and is roughly the size of an onion, pomegranite, Crème Brule large order of French Fries or a chipmunk. She is starting to plump up (so am I baby, so am I) and her umbilical cord is becoming longer and thicker. Her sweat glands are developing and her heartbeat is now regulated by the brain (what was it regulated by before...?)




What is new this week?  This week is a no appointment week. I see maternal fetal medicine every 2 weeks and my midwife once a month so that leaves one week without an appointment. I do have to go in for some blood tests. One is the AFP test. This test looks to see the amount of AFP in the blood and can indicate if she has spina bifida or anencephaly. I also have to have my complete blood count looked at to make sure the Lovonox isn't too much (or too little, I guess??). I have felt more sensations that I think are the baby moving but again, I do also have a lot of gas... The below video is still not showing the correct heartbeat on the display. The sounds you hear (other than the heartbeat) are kicks/movement (I think). I had the wand in the same spot for the whole video so at the end where the heartbeat fades, she is moving to another location in her cozy little home.



I managed to get out camping with the family in Moab this past weekend during Perseid Meteor Shower. While I didn't stay up late, I was able to see some meteor's during my many times waking up in the night to pee! Jason has been working evenings this week so I have been binge watching the Olympics. He has today off so I look forward to spending time with him tonight. He is training for the Imogen Pass Run on September 10th and went up to Turkey Flats today for a long run so he may be a bit beat this evening! I guess it is good the Olympics are on (did I mention that I LOVE the Olympics).
I love Moab.
Symptoms: I am just amazed how many sensations and pains there are! Overall I feel pretty good but there is at least one random pain a day somewhere in my body. Pregnancy is weird. I have had round ligament pain throughout my whole pregnancy so that I am use to, it is just the shooting pain in my vagina that is a bit startling. The heart palpitations have all but gone away which is a HUGE relief!


Food aversions: Same -tomato sauce and shrimp.


Food cravings: All the sugar.


Fitness: Walking and hiking. I am so antsy to get outside! I want the weather to cool off already! We went for a hike this weekend around lunch time and although I stayed very hydrated and went slow, I was beat for the rest of the day (like first trimester beat). I have been trying a few prenatal yoga videos, one from online and the other I checked out from the library. Neither were great. There is a this DVD that I think I will like but before I buy it, I am waiting to see if I like either of the other two DVDs I am waiting on from the library. And although it is not much, I am walking about a mile on one of my 15 min breaks during the day. I am totally that person is a dress and my running shoes. So dorky but whatever!


Bump: Yup, the bump is growing! Earlier this week, I thought I was hiding it a flowy shirt but a co-worker said to me - I can still see your bump in that shirt!

Wille Nelson photobombed this weeks bump pic.
Medications:

7:30am: 10mg prednisone, 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly

9am: 1 Prenatal and 2 DHA.

7:30pm: 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly

Baby Preparations: I have been consulting with Elaine (my sister in-law) on paint colors for the nursery. I want to paint the walls gray but gray is such a hard color!! I painted our living room "gray" about 2 months ago and it turned out slate blue - not gray. I want a true gray that doesn't turn another color... She helped me pick out two colors to try but they are Benjamin Moore paints and they don't sell that brand in GJ. Arg!! I might have to have her mail me the swatch and have it color matched. The two colors I am considering are Coventry gray (second from the right) and Stonington gray (second from the left).


Funny thing happened. I was telling her what I wanted and she sent me some options. Then I decided to send her my inspiration picture for the nursery and it turns out that the color she suggested was what they used for the walls!


I LOVE this nursery (just no stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment