Wednesday, June 24, 2015

One is the loneliest number.

We went in for my ultrasound at 11am to see all the follicles I am growing after sticking myself with a needle... And there was one. Only ONE. I am on the highest dose of Menopur and I get one freaking follicle. He said there is another really small one that might grow over the next few days but it is unlikely. The doctor is going to have me stay on the stim meds until Friday and then I will go in for another ultrasound. From there he will decide when he will retrieve my one lonely egg - if it is even worth it (the cycle might be canceled) - but likely Monday for the egg retrieval. Good news is that I won't have to go under anesthesia for ONE follicle. I am crushed to say the least. So, we decided to go to our local farmers market and get a chocolate filled donut and a glass of wine from our favorite vinoteka. I wasn't expecting 26 follicles or even 12 follicles.... but one.........!


3 comments:

  1. Oh darling. You're just keeping a tidy uterus is all. The right one is all you need. One is good.
    Xo
    E

    ReplyDelete