Friday, April 29, 2016

Donor recap and the road ahead

Today I FINALLY heard back from the clinic regarding the two embryos that were sent for PGS testing... they are BOTH abnormal. So this last donor was a bust. Damn.

Here is out donor history just to be clear:

Donor 1: 8 frozen eggs thawed and inseminated = 1 day 5 blastocyst (NOT TESTED but can be transferred)

Donor 2: 15 retrieved, 8 fertilized, 2 made it day 5 and PGS tested = 1 day 5 blastocyst - PGS normal

Donor 3: 6 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5 and PGS tested = ZERO normal blastocysts

So, where does that leave us? I have a flight tomorrow to Prague and I am getting on that plane! We have the one normal PGS tested blastocyst so we are hoping that little frostie is the one! The coordinator did say that there was a donor that might meet our requirements and she is going in for her retrieval tomorrow but if we give her a go, we will not have PGS results before transferring. So Jason and I will discuss the options tonight. Either way, I am headed to Prague.

Of course I was really hoping to have more than one egg but honestly I am not that upset about these latest results. It is just par for the course.

I have posted this song before, but this song speaks to my soul and feels so fitting.



Send me calming vibes for my travel day which starts tomorrow... I am usually a freakishly nervous flyer. I have been working with my amazing acupuncturist for the last two weeks and I am actually feeling pretty good about everything. She has been specifically working on blood flow to my uterus but acupuncture as a whole just makes me feel so much better. I just wish she could come with me!

 




5 comments:

  1. Oh, ugh! I've been following your journey, and I am so sorry that it has been so horrid! Hopefully that one normal embryo will be the one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ashley. Fingers crossed for our one embryo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love acupuncture as well. It is relaxing. Hope your travels were good. Good luck in Prague. It will happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love acupuncture as well. It is relaxing. Hope your travels were good. Good luck in Prague. It will happen!!!

    ReplyDelete