Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Not so fast...

I said that my expectations were not as high this time but somehow I am again let down. It appears that there were 6 mature eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 are developing quite nice as of this morning.


Whawhat!? How is it possible that we again have so few eggs to work with? I might as well be stimulating myself with the results that we are getting. I just don't understand. So how do I continue to go through this and not lose my shit? That is not a rhetorical question... seriously, how do I do this? Those who are religious, turn to their god during hard times but what do I do? I consider myself a spiritual person and my beliefs are best explained with Star Wars description of "The Force" - I am not a crazy fan or anything, it just makes sense to me:


"It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together." -Obi-Wan Kenobi


I am trying to believe that this will work out for us but I just don't get why it has to be THIS hard.







4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately there is no recipe to get through this. It just plain sucks. I can't believe that yet again you're dealing with low yield. Ugh. I actually agree with your philosophy/spiritual belief (maybe Star Wars got something right haha). I was trying to find this quote or article or whatever it happened to be that was talking about pain and suffering. What I can remember of it was that the human experience is full of emotions. Pain and suffering are only a component of all the different human experiences we will have in our time here on earth. But that is not all we are to experience. And without the pain/suffering, the joy and happiness wouldn't have contrast and give us context in which to fully appreciate it. We so readily want to avoid pain, get through it, but if we can stop, acknowledge it and remember that "this too shall pass" we can live more present in our moment, and find a way to live more peacefully through it... kind of the stop struggling and you'll float scenario. I dunno. I'm probably not explaining it well, and I wish I could find the actual resource but I'm drawing a blank. It helped me remember though that these difficult/challenging experiences I'm having are forming me and shaping me every day, and although maybe not pleasant, it's ok, and I am capable of handling it.
    Totally unrelated, but good resource too if interested... random but maybe actually practically useful:
    http://www.wildmind.org/applied/pain/pain-management-tips
    Big big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry to read this. You're doing all this in the Czech Republic, right? I wonder if their doctors are more conservative with medication during stimulation to completely avoid the possibility of OHSS. That seems to be the only reason why you'd have such a low yield. I do seem to recall one of your donors donating before and having a lot, but I don't remember if that is this one. This all seems like a pain in the butt! Was there a specific reason you chose to do it there instead of where you live? If it was based on cost, it kinda doesn't seem worth the heartache and pain. I hope you feel better soon, and that these two keep growing and turn out to be the ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I think things are hard for people because they are the ones that can get through it. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete