Tuesday, May 10, 2016

PUPO

PUPO = pregnant until proven otherwise 

Today we transferred 2 excellent blastocysts. The newest donor had 6 embryos fertilize and 2 made it to day 5. We talked about transferring both of those from the new donor but with the frozen PGS tested embryo, we felt that this would give us the best chance to get and stay pregnant. Yes, it's a bit odd because of we end up with twins they'll have different genetic mothers but if we end up with twins we'll be ecstatic!!!

The frozen blastocyst was hatching and the fresh one the embryologist kept saying how perfect it was. The doctor who was suppose to do my transfer was really busy so some other doctor did the transfer - I don't even know her name! She did say that the transfer was really easy and went great. 


I had acupuncture this morning before the transfer and then again this afternoon. Now I am back at the flat, keeping my feet warm and thinking sticky baby thoughts. Actually, I've been picturing my uterus as an orange (as that is the color of the sacral chakra) filled with sticky rice (as that was the emoji I sent to Jason when he said to think sticky baby thoughts). Silly but whatever. 

So, now we wait. Send me all your sticky baby thoughts. 

8 comments:

  1. "Be pregnant and stay pregnant" :-) And so you will this time around! Dr. Jarzembovska, Dr. Hulvert, Dr. Prijanicnikova (did the transfer) and all of us at Iscare wish you all the best during this waiting days. As much as we like you to visit us again, we hope the next time will be just for coffee! Best of energies Katherine! Bea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bea!! It was really wonderful chatting with you after my transfer.

      Delete
  2. Super sticky thought heading at you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sticky thought heading at you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have to erase what I wrote here? Or did the blogosphere find it offensive? I can't even remember what it was.... But I'm on the edge of my seat for updates.
    Xoxo
    E

    ReplyDelete