Friday, July 1, 2016

10 weeks!!!

"Your baby is somewhere between the size of a cherry or prune, depending on what book you’re reading or how freaky big your fruit is. I like to think it’s almost the size of this ewok figure attacking a chipmunk – like shark baby, it’s cool and easier for me to wrap my head around.
This is also around the time when you’re going to want to start thinking about prenatal testing and if you’re going to have them done." - Pregnant Chicken

The babe and I are now 10 weeks along! (As of yesterday)



Size/Info:  The baby is about 1.5" and the size of a prune, cherry or lego man! Indentations on the legs are forming into knees and ankles, the arms already have elbows that can flex and the nails are starting to form. The stomach is producing digestive juices and kidneys are producing urine. Fingers and toes are no longer webbed and there is fuzzy hair all over the body. They jawbones are beginning to form as are the teeth buds. There is so much happening the list could go on and on!!!


What is new this week? The home Doppler has been so wonderful! I can usually find the heartbeat in under a minute. One time I couldn't find it (and I freaked out a little) but I got up and walked around and tried again and I found it right away. The display shows the heart rate but at this point it is not reliable as the babe is still so small.


I had my blood drawn yesterday for the Harmony NIPT test. This test screens for any genetic abnormalities. The website says that my doctor should have the results in 7 days but with the holiday, we may not hear the results until our appointment on July 11th or possibly later. As long as everything is ok, I don't care when we hear. This test will also tell us the sex of the babe. Jason and I both agree that finding out the sex will make this really real.

Symptoms: I am still feeling tired but the nausea has subsided some. To Jason's dismay, I have become a bit snippy. (He might use a bit harsher wording...) I have been having a lot more lower abdominal pain when I sneeze or cough. It is a bit early for round ligament pain but I think that's what it is. My boobs might be bigger but they definitely still hurt like hell!


Food aversions: Not a whole lot these days

Food cravings: Fruit and French fries. Watermelon is really hitting the spot and fresh blueberries are amazing. It makes me want to make blueberry muffins with a crumble on top. Yum. Also, I have lost my ability to hold back when I see something sweet. Working at the hospital, there is sweet food everywhere and I am really having a hard time passing it up. And Jason made cookies for a dinner we had with friends - they are chocolatey and delicious. Also I really want cup cakes.

Blump/Bump: Bloat in the afternoon, for sure. Still no real bump though.

Medications: Still the same
6am: 200mg vaginal progesterone and 2mg of Estrace
7:30am: 10mg prednisone, 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly
9am: 1 Prenatal and 2 DHA. 
2pm: 200mg vaginal progesterone and 2mg of Estrace
7:30pm: 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly
9pm (if I can stay up that late): 200mg vaginal progesterone and 2mg of Estrace

Baby Preparations: I contacted the doula I'd like to use and now we are in the process of finding a time that works for all of us to meet. Yesterday, Jason and I sat in the future baby's room and talked about how it might look. That was fun. I have had a lot of fun looking at possibilities for the nursery but once we know the sex, I'll be able to get a clearer picture. We are  not going to have a theme per se and definitely no characters or anything like that.

Sex Prediction: With all the sweets I am craving, maybe we are having a girl. Either way I can't wait to start narrowing down some names.

No comments:

Post a Comment