Friday, July 8, 2016

11 weeks!!

"Your baby is starting to look less alien now. Woot. He or she has hands and feet, a tongue and a nose and some bones are starting to harden. See ya shark baby, you look more like a chicken nugget with legs now.You may also be looking a little better these days and a little less green around the gills. Your hormones have probably figured themselves out so your morning sickness may have subsided a bit. Then again, there’s still a good chance you just muttered at the screen, “I wish, bitch”, then gagged at the thought of your baby looking like a chicken nugget. You may also be feeling a little less tired now, well, you know, relative to the beginning of your pregnancy, or, then again, you may have just rested your face on the keyboard to catch a few zzzzs. This is also an excellent time to point out that every woman’s pregnancy is different. If you haven’t told many people about your pregnancy, this is a good time to start preparing yourself for the unsolicited history of people’s gestation that is about to come your way. You’ll hear things like, “You should be feeling fine by now. I stopped feeling nauseated around 8 weeks.” Or “You don’t look like you’re gaining much weight, are you sure everything is okay?” or  “You may feel great now, but just you wait until you’re in your third trimester.” Just nod and say “hmm, interesting” then drop one of your deadly pregnancy farts and walk away." - Pregnant Chicken

The babe and I are now 11 weeks along! (As of yesterday) I was so very tired yesterday, there was no way I could write the blog.


Size/Info:  The babe is about 1.6", weights 0.25 oz and is roughly the size of a lime or a fig, a poker chip or a brussels sprout. The babe has distinct human characteristics: hands and feet in front of the body, ears nearly in their final shape, open nasal passages on the tip of the tiny nose, a tongue and palate in the mouth and visible nipples. The babe can actually breathe  underwater -- inhaling amniotic fluid to help develop strong lungs. Hair follicles are beginning to form on the crown of the head.  Lots of growth happening!


What is new this week?  Not a whole lot new this week. I did just find out that the blood test I did last week for the genetic screening was sent off in the wrong kit - so I need to go in today and have my blood drawn again and send it off again. This means that we have to wait another week at least for the results. Bummer. We have continued to listen to the heart beat and this week the screen actually registered the appropriate heart rate. Yay!!


Jason and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary on Wednesday. We went out for dinner at Il Bistro (they catered our rehearsal dinner) and it was so delicious. We ordered a dessert and a decaf cappuccino. It was the BEST coffee that I have had since leaving Prague. The coffee/dessert experience was very reminiscent of our time in Europe. We sure have packed a lot into 3 years of marriage!


Symptoms: The heart palpitations are OUT OF HAND!! I seem to be having more intestinal issues with stomach pains more frequently. I am not sure how or why I started sucking in my stomach but I have done it my entire adult life and it is now painful to do -- I need to let go and let the blump hang out. The nausea is still there but it has definitely subsided. Yay! I have been pretty spacey during this pregnancy but I have finally admitted that it has made me a bad driver. I am not as focused and Jason often asks me - where are you going?? I seem to take the long way these days.

Food aversions: Tomato sauces - the give me horrible indigestion.


Food cravings: Honestly, I don't care what I eat as long as I don't have to make it -- thank goodness Jason is a great cook and willing to feed me everyday. Salads have been really delicious lately and still loving me some watermelon.


Blump/Bump: The bloat is real. In the morning I look totally normal but by the end of the day I look pregnant. It is ALL gas, intestines and poop but here is a quick pic I took, it is totally blurry and excuse the messiness! This is why it is called a blump,  at this point it is really just bloat but I wouldn't have it if I weren't pregnant!




Medications: No changes although there might be after my appointments next week!


6am: 200mg vaginal progesterone and 2mg of Estrace
7:30am: 10mg prednisone, 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly
9am: 1 Prenatal and 2 DHA. 
2pm: 200mg vaginal progesterone and 2mg of Estrace
7:30pm: 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly
9pm (if I can stay up that late): 200mg vaginal progesterone and 2mg of Estrace


Baby Preparations: We've snagged some free gear, yay! So far we have a glider chair and ottoman, a small pack and play and a pregnancy pillow for me!


Sex Prediction: I am going back to guessing boy. Arg! I just want to know!

2 comments: