Thursday, September 8, 2016

20 Weeks and Half Baked!

20 Weeks and Half Baked (my favorite ice cream)!!


"Woohoo! Halfway point! Do a victory lap around the block! Ha, no, fuck that noise, you do what you want, you’ve earned it, honey. Between constipation, heartburn, snoring, headaches, dizziness, leg cramps, nausea, constant peeing, extra spit and sore boobs, you’ve had a long haul.

The good new is that your baby is weighing in at about ten ounces and measuring six and a half inches which is the length of an American dollar and the weight of 50 quarters (I did that math by myself so double check that stat). Your baby would be worth around $17,000 if it was gold. Aw hell yeah, but you’re worth way more than that, money baby!


You also may have noticed that money baby likes to eat. Hunger is pretty common right now because your baby is doing some serious growing. If you’re finding that heartburn and indigestion is a problem, break your meals down and eat more often but in smaller portions (easy for me to say when money baby is demanding a whole chocolate cake in one sitting).


You may also want to register for some sweet swag between snacks. I found BabyList is one of the best ways to register because you can register for anything you see online. So, whether it’s onesies, house cleaning, handmade quilts or swimming lessons, you can register for it in one spot. You can check out my registry to see what I mean: Pregnant Chicken’s Kick Ass Registry." - Pregnant Chicken

Size/Info: The babe is about 10" long (funny how it varies from site to site) and about 10oz. She is about the size of a banana, an axolotl, Belgian Endive or a pint of root beer!  She is swallowing more and is producing meconium. The bones in the inner ear are fully formed and the nose is starting to take on more of a shape. My uterus has grown to 3 times its regular height and will grow about 1cm per week until I deliver.


What is new this week? I had an appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine on Wednesday. It was a quick ultrasound just to check on our gal and then a cervix and placenta check. Everything looked great! It wasn't a growth scan so I don't know how big she's actually gotten but she is an active little thing! My cervix length was great and my placenta looks to be farther away from the open of my cervix than it was the last time! Whew! That is one less obstacle to having a vaginal birth! Also, my AFP test came back normal! Woot! I don't think there are really any other major test coming up - well other than the fetal echocardiogram but that is not until week 24.




Jason and I went up to a cabin outside of Telluride with our friends Eric and Shannon and their son Porter. We had a lovely weekend and Willie Nelson had a blast. He was really into chasing chipmunks - which if you know him,  it is a big deal for him to act like a dog. I won my first ever game of Monopoly (like we actually finished the game! It only took 4 hours) and Jason made it out on a few steep runs in preparation for his big race this weekend!!


Happy dog

The belly, looking down



Symptoms: All the usual suspects. I think I might need to change my acid reflux medication... it seems to be working less and less!

Food aversions: This week it has been under-cooked onions. They taste so disgusting to me!

Food cravings: Please can I eat donuts, cake and ice cream and not get fat?!??

Fitness: Hike this past weekend. It has gotten warm here again so.... excuses, excuses.

Bump: This week I had my first person ask me if I was pregnant. She was very hesitant to ask... I should have messed with her but I am not that quick witted.




Medications:

7:30am: 10mg prednisone, 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly
9am: 1 Prenatal and 2 DHA
7:30pm: 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly

Baby Preparations: The day bed we ordered showed up so I convinced Jason to help me put it together as well as our crib!! So exciting!!!

Now we just need a mattress and a trundle



This was after we put the bed together and he was like, really, we are putting the crib together too...








Did we set the mattress at the right height? We have no idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment