Thursday, October 6, 2016

24 Weeks!!! VIABILITY!

"Guess what? We’ve made it to the point where your baby is as long as a footlong sub –I’ve been dying to use that one.

Oh and speaking of subs, don’t be surprised if you try to eat one and someone pops out from behind a plant and tells you it’s dangerous. Unfortunately, there have been a few listeria incidents in the headlines recently, which makes people really twitchy because it’s some pretty nasty stuff that pregnant women are very susceptible to. Here’s the situation on
cold cuts, along with soft serve ice cream, soft cheese, and paté so you’re armed with the facts when people try to kick over a table in the lunchroom so you don’t eat brie.

While you’re at it, arm yourself with some zingers from the
Comeback Series thanks to some help from other readers, so you’ll know what to say when people ask, “Should you be eating that?”,  “Feeling fat yet?”, and “You’re just hormonal.”

My favourite for “Was that an accident?” is still, “Yes, I tripped and fell on a dick.”

Golden."
-Pregnant Chicken



Size/Info: The babe is 12 inches long and approximately 1.5 lbs. She is the size of and ear of corn (I guess this week is a full sized one?!), a puffin, demi baguette, cantaloupe, or a large zucchini (obviously they haven't seen the zucchinis we've grown!)  She should gain about 6 oz a week. Real hair has begun to grow on her head and her unique hand- and footprints are forming. Her lungs are developing branches of the respiratory tree (this is one of the things makes viability at this stage a possibility - the ability to breathe) in addition, her brain is growing rapidly.


What is new this week? We had an appointment today with Maternal Fetal Medicine and met with the cardiologist in Denver for our Fetal Echocardiogram. Everything looks great! It was a long appointment so we got to see a lot of her today. This was my last milestone before being released from MFM. I will have maybe one or two additional growth scans but that feels like nothing after having been seen every 2 weeks! Speaking of the rest of my pregnancy... there are 16 weeks to go or 112 days to go. That seems so soon! The ultrasound tech did confirm where the top of my uterus is located and I was feeling her kick up that high! And she is now head down!! Woot woot! Bring on the kicks to the ribs! Here is a picture of the set- up for the remote fetal echocardiogram and our marshmallow baby with the hand and the foot in the picture. <3



This is one of the many videos that were taken by the ultrasound tech for the cardiologist to review.


Symptoms: Same same. Back pain, frequent peeing, horrendous acid reflux, legs cramps at night and itchy nipples. So glamorous.

Food Aversions: Apparently I don't like undercooked mushrooms either... but damn you if you overcook my broccoli!

Food Cravings: CAKE!! Tomorrow is my birthday and I just want cake. Also, this whole pregnancy I have wanted cold water. I have never in my life liked cold water. I always ask for water without ice... well not now! I want it cold.

Fitness: I failed at prenatal yoga... maybe this week? I bet my back would like that! I am still hiking but a tad slower... Jason descided to do an impression of me walking and apparently I have a waddle.

Bump: This week you get a work selfie... not the best but hey, there is a bump! Did I mention that Jason tied up my phone charger for me by the bed so I wouldn't have to bend down and pick it up. I can bend down it just gives me instant acid reflux.




Medications:
7:30am: 10mg prednisone, 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly
9am: 1 Prenatal and 2 DHA
7:30pm: 40mg Lovonox injection in the belly

Baby Preparations: I found a dresser for $40!!! I started painting it this past weekend and finished it mostly up last night. There was a dark stain on the top that took a few more coats to cover up. I have to put the handles on this weekend and then hopefully have a pic next week!! I also started painting the glider chair (pain in the ass). I asked Jason to finish it for me for my birthday... ha! I have Monday off so I hope to work on the fabric for the cushion... I am a tad scared of messing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment