Sunday, January 31, 2016

Egg donor!!

The clinic sent an email and they have found an egg donor for us!!! We are SO thrilled!! She has donated 4 prior times and they retrieved 22 and 42 eggs in her last 2 donor cycles and both resulted in live births in the last year. The plan for the timeline is that she will come off of birth control pills on February 5th and they estimate that the egg retrieval will be around February 20. From there they will fertilize the eggs with Jason's frozen sperm that's on ice at the clinic and then the embryo's will undergo PGS testing. It takes about 2-4 weeks for the results but we will know in time for my cycle in March!! YAY!!!

I'll need to be on Decpaptyl for the first 7 days of my cycle -- I just need to figure out how to get it as I can't seem to find it here in the US... It does the same thing as Lupron but as I just found out, Lupron is SO EXPENSIVE!! I'll need to do an ultrasound on day 15 of my cycle and anticipate a transfer around cycle day  17-20 and then they want me to wait several days before flying home. Soooo... here is the tentative plan, I'll fly out on March 8 and arrive on March 9 -which should be cycle day 13 but it gives me a little buffer in case my cycle length isn't what I anticipate (I wish I had a crystal ball!!) and then I'll fly home on March 21 which also gives me a little buffer on the back side.

I am going to book my flight tomorrow after talking to my supervisor... I've only been there a week but I am hopeful that it won't be an issue! Fingers crossed! I feel so much better knowing that we have a donor and that she's done this before. 



xo-katherine

3 comments: