Saturday, April 9, 2016

Some light

"Some light"  was the title of the email I received on Thursday from donor coordinator at Iscare. Another couple backed out of using donor eggs and their selected donor, who was already in the stimulation process, was suddenly available for us to use if we wanted. We were told that she was already far along in her stimulation process and that we would need to make a decision quickly if we were to use her eggs. I called Jason and told him her phenotype and we agreed that she was a perfect match! On Friday we heard back from the coordinator that the donor would go in for retrieval first thing Saturday morning and that we could expect to hear a fertilization report on Monday.

So, as I type this, there are embryo's growing in a lab in Prague, that hopefully, one day, will become our child(ren). I booked tickets for Prague departing April 30th and arriving Sunday, May 1st. They want to see me on day 8 of my cycle (which should be Monday May 2) as we are going to be doing a natural FET (no meds). This last month, I was over a week late starting my period but I think that was due to the pancreatitis. I am going to track my cycle with my basal body temperature to determine when I ovulate so I can know a little better when I'll start my period. Hopefully, the timing works out like I think it should. I am planning to stay until May 19 which should be around day 25 of my cycle which should give me enough buffer time in case my cycle is late.

We are very excited (although I will say I have set my expectations a bit lower this time) and I am doing my best to not to let my fears take over... I feel like my body/mind has a mind of it's own right now and I am just along for the ride. Tomorrow I am going to start my new medication... I've been putting it off but obviously what I am doing isn't working. This is my new mantra:




No comments:

Post a Comment